Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday Wishes...







Here is Ethan for a comparison of how he looked at one year versus Alex. I think they have their own distinct looks, however, some people think they are spitting images of each other. You decide...

Alex turned one year old on May 23rd. I can't believe how this year has flown by. We have loved every minute of being parents to this sweet little guy. Alex was the sweetest, calmest baby you could ever imagine. He was so mellow and cuddly. We've had a bit of a stressful year, and at times one of us would be holding Alex and say, "he is our happy place". He has grown and changed so much. He is so full of life and spunk! He definitely has his opinion about life and what he wants, yet he still remains our sweet, cuddly little buddy. He was not walking on his birthday, but he has two speeds of crawling: normal, and turbo drive. When he wants to get somewhere super fast, he lifts up his bottom and knees so only his hands and toes are touching the ground, and he cruises!!! He looks a little like Mogely from A Jungle Book.
For his birthday, we had a combined party that day with my side of the family for Alex and Ethan. It was a great day. He woke up to find his new Cozy Coupe and a few presents by the fireplace as well as streamers on his door (tradition) which he loved. I made him a small birthday cake to dive into and a sheet cake size pan of brownies for both boys. Ethan successfully blew out his number 5 candle, and Alex knows how to copy someone when they blow, so we thought we'd let him try to blow out his own candle. Bad Mom moment. Alex leaned in and was staring at the candle when he suddenly grabbed it and extinguished it. It happened so fast and he wasn't hurt, but everyone's reaction made him scared and he cried. And Ethan cried because he was so sad that his brother touched fire. So we went from happy birthday singing to everyone panicking and both boys crying hysterically. That was a lesson well learned. Other than the candle mishap, it was a great celebration for a larger than life one-year old. We love you, Alex!!!

3 comments:

Becki said...

Sorry about the candle drama! How sad, and cute..poor guy. I thought those two comparison pics were the same little guy before I read the caption. They do look a lot alike! Hope things are going better for you guys!

Sher said...

They TOTALLY have the same face and even the same EXPRESSION on their faces!! I love all of Alex's hair, too --- my twins COMBINED don't have that much hair yet!!! I completely envisioned the candle drama - that could easily happen to us. I'll have to remember from your experience...

John and Sara Roylance said...

YEA!! Happy Birthday Boys!! I can't believe how grown up little Alex is now!! He was a baby in a carrier the last time I saw him! I love his hair! That is definitely different from Ethan at that age - he had the spikey hair! :)
As far as looks - I see a difference. They do have their own looks, I think. They definitely look like brothers, though! :)
CUTE CUTE! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! Alex and Riya will be so cute together!