Monday, August 31, 2009

Kindergarten!





First day of school! Ethan has been waiting for this day ever since we moved to our new home. The bus stop is right in front of our house, and it has been nothing short of torture every day seeing the kids get on and off the bus. Ethan has been counting down the days for quite some time to when he would actually get to ride the bus to school, and today was the day! Last week I kept asking him if he was excited to go to Kindergarten, and he would always reply, "Yes, but I'm really excited to ride the bus!" He had a wonderful day and actually told me quite a bit about what happened at school. I had a quiet couple of hours to myself, while Alex slept, which I will definitely get used to! It is so weird to think that I have a child old enough to go to school. I have been so sad about the thought of Ethan being gone every day, but he was so ready for school, and so excited! I will miss having my little buddy around all day every day, but this is a new chapter in his life, and in a way, it's exciting to see him growing up and doing all of these big boy things!

1 comment:

CAMERAHAPPY said...

That is so cute! He looks so excited to go! You will love the peaceful time at home with Alex sleeping and you can catch a few zzz's yourself! Enjoy!