Tuesday, February 24, 2009
What a crazy weekend!
This last week Ethan wasn't feeling very well. He had a fever of 100 to 101 for several days, and had no appetite. He developed a pretty bad cough, and just wanted to lay around and watch TV or read books with me all day long. I kept thinking he was getting better, but his appetite never returned, and neither did his energy. Although, most of the time he was his normal self, minus the running around. Sunday morning he woke up and had red, hot, rashes on his legs and a little on his arm. Joseph took him to the Urgent care, (I had a lesson to teach) and was there for three hours. They determined he had a little bit of fluid in his lungs, (pneumonia), and the rash was a side effect from the infection. They gave him two shots in his legs, and sent him home with two prescriptions and a Nebulizer. This is a breathing treatment with medicine in it. His breathing had been shallow at nighttime, and he sort of held his breath as he was breathing out. Today is only Tuesday, but I have a brand new child. He is full of life, and is running around again. His appetite and energy returned yesterday, but he crashed for the night at 7:00. Today it is so good to have Ethan back. A couple of people found out about Ethan at church, and we had neighbors bring us cookies yesterday, and another neighbor even bring us dinner! I can't believe how thoughtful everyone has been! We have an amazing neighborhood with so many caring people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was going to call today, but had a crazy day trying to get back into routine - I didn't think you wanted to hear me cry for the whole conversation :) Anyway - I'm SO glad Ethan is feeling much better. That makes me happy. It's not fun having sick kids.
Thanks for your comment Angela. I know that when using Firefox as an internet provider, my blog will show up that way, and I always thought it was because of Thecutestblogontheblock changing the way their backgrounds are added, but I noticed your background is from there, and I tried your blog in Firefox and it worked fine. Is your HTML code pasted in a gadget, or somewhere else? I'm confused. :) THanks for letting me know! OH, and I'm very glad Ethan is feeling better! Scary stuff.
And then there are your crappy neighbors!!! Like Me! I have been meaning to call you and well there are no excuses I just think I'll do it in a minute and then I forget and it all happens again! How is everything! Are you ok? Please let me know if I can do anything for you!
That is too bad about Ethan! Poor little guy! It is so sad when they are not feeling well! I'm glad they were able to figure it out and help him fast. Healthy kids are so great to have! Bryson keeps asking when we can come to your house, so when he feels all better and when you are up to it, give us a call. Take care!
Oh no!! I'm glad he's doing much better!! It is so scary when the kiddos are sick!
Post a Comment