Wednesday, February 4, 2009
New Chapter
Well, it's happened. The great sweeping arm of layoffs has reached our little home. Joseph found out Friday that he has been displaced with Merck (laid off, essentially). He is still considered an employee for 60 days, but is not allowed to work or call on any clients. After which our severance package begins, and from what I'm hearing from others, we're very lucky. Merck will be taking care of us for about six months. We've known this could happen for the last five months. We were notified that there were going to be cut backs, and we knew this would impact the Salt Lake territory. From day one, Joseph has felt that his area was over staffed. He is a very hard worker, and always managed to stay busy, but some days it was difficult. So, onward and upward. Joseph is taking this time to research different jobs and really decide which direction he wants to take now. He is almost finished with his MBA, and luckily it was all on Merck's dime. Good timing! We are open to moving, but would like to stay put if possible. If anyone knows of a great company to work for or if you have suggestions for Joseph, we're open! We both feel like this is what was supposed to happen in our lives. We feel very at peace with the whole situation. I'm not worried at all about Joseph getting another job, and I almost feel relieved that this has happened. For a couple of years we have been very comfortable with our lives and situation, but I know Joseph is destined for greatness, and growth cannot happen when you're comfortable all of the time. Joseph has a lot to offer, and I know things will work out. Our spirits are high, and I know that soon we'll look back on this as a great opportunity and stepping stone in our book of life! Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We heard about this and you are in our prayers. What a great attitude you have about this!! Please let us know any news!! Sometimes we feel so out of the loop! :)
I decided to look through all the blogs I have saved and saw your news. I am sorry to hear about his job. At least you have one bright spot on your side, you have a great husband with a lot of personality that will do well in interviews! I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you!
WOW, I didn't know about the lay-off until now, but it sounds like you guys have a positive and hopeful outlook. I'm sure things will work out for the better, they always do! Plus, Joe is an amazing person and will conquer he world!
We too have had a tough year as Eric hasn't passed his licensure exam yet (going on the 4th try soon) but luckily in his field, there are always jobs (even though he's not getting paid full salary yet)! But we've had our fair share of trials the last few years, and you're absolutely right...you only grow when you're challenged and I KNOW the Lord has great things planned for Eric (well, the both of us) too!
Oh, happy 30th girl! What a great surprise and an amazing hubbie to plan that all for you! I loved your list too, I too feel I will eternally be in YW's-going on 6 yrs!
Post a Comment