Joseph wins the greatest husband of the year award! Friday was my birthday, and Joseph tried to contact as many friends and family as he could to come over to our home for a surprise party for me. My mom came over earlier in the day and took me out shopping, and when we returned, I was greeted with a whole houseful of people singing "Happy Birthday" to me with kazoos! It was so amazing! We figured we had about 60 guests that night. Joseph pulled a few strings and had Chinese dinner for everyone, and many people brought desserts to share! It was so wonderful to see friends from our neighborhood here, from Herriman, from High School, and tons of family!!! What a dream come true! I have always wanted a surprise party, and I don't think this one could ever be topped! Towards the end of the night, Joseph told me to go get my bags packed, and we went to a hotel in Salt Lake, compliments of my parents as babysitters for our boys, and then we went skiing in Park City all day Saturday. I've been a little more careful with money lately for obvious reasons, so in true Joseph fashion, he scored some screaming deals on our hotel, and even received free ski passes from one of his MBA classes. It truly was a magical weekend. And, even though it has been a while since I had been skiing, I wasn't too bad. I am a little sore today though, but it was totally worth it! Thanks to all of you who came and made my birthday a magical and wonderful memory I'll treasure always!
30 random things about me:
1. I married my best friend
2. I love to eat cereal for breakfast
3. I don't like playing in sand
4. I lived in Alaska when I was little
5. Joseph is a better shopper than I am
6. I love to be surprised
7. I enjoy being pregnant
8. I just discovered an eyelash curler
9. I have to have chapstick on my lips before I go to bed
10. I enjoy vacuuming
11. But not doing dishes
12. I usually don't mind getting up with my babies in the middle of the night
13. I love to vacation
14. I'm also quite a homebody
15. I've never enjoyed running
16. Until recently, and now I only like it a little
17. I love talking on the phone
18. Young Women's is my eternal calling
19. I like to keep a clean house, but I'm terrible at organizing
20. I don't like war movies
21. I love watching "our shows" on our DVR with no commercials!
22. I enjoy a good book
23. I love playing with my boys and hearing their laughter
24. I wish I could freeze time and keep my kids little
25.I'm getting forgetful in my old age-if it's not written down, it's gone!
26. I always try and fix problems, no matter what they are
27. I'm normally a private person
28. I'm so blessed to have so many friends and family who care about me
29. I've never had the chicken pox, but I found out I'm immune
30. I'm thinking about running a 1/2 marathon in April
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a great birthday! You deserve it--thanks for your friendship! You are truly one of the kindest people I know! Here's to your next 30!
That was a great evening! You were so cute and excited to see everyone, your smile said it all! Hats off to Joseph for pulling that one off, he deserves that award! The food was great too! Maddy cried the ENTIRE way home, there was no calming her down... That made for a pleasant ride...NOT! Anyhow Happy Birthday and thanks for the fun night!
Happy Birthday, Ang!! You deserve every bit of happiness that Joseph has brought into your life. He really did a great job thinking out details to your suprise party, too - very impressed! So glad you got a night away from the kiddos. What a fun way to ring in the new decade!! :)
What a fun list! You do have great husband--what a fun weekend!
Happy Birthday Angela!
Love, Aunt Christy
Angela!! Hey I just thought I would tell you that you are a great sister. Happy Birthday (a few days ago) I just thought I'd tell you that I love spending time with you. You are so fun. I think we need to play WAY more often. Thanks for the hair cut by the way! I have had TONS of compliments already :D All thanks go to you! Love you Ang! Give me a call!
Post a Comment