Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

Christmas Morning!!! The boys can't wait to see what Santa brought them!

Here Ethan is leaving reindeer food for Santa's reindeer. (Christmas Eve)

Alonzo Snodgrass found our house and hid presents in our laundry room! Joseph is reading the letter he left us before we open our presents from him. (long-time Roylance family tradition)

Christmas Eve Dinner. We decided to have a nice dinner this year on Christmas Eve. It turned out great! Except there isn't a good sized ham for a family of three. We ate ham for days!


Happy New Year, Everyone!
I cannot believe how the holidays just flew by. It seems that the older I get, the faster and faster the years go by. This last holiday season was certainly magical for our little family. We look forward to that time of year with so much anticipation, that when it finally arrives, we try to make each day special and memorable. Ethan was so excited for Christmas. He truly understood Santa and his reindeer, and tried extra hard to be a good boy. One night, he told Joseph and I to go to bed while he did a surprise for us. We peeked out our bedroom door to witness our four year old cleaning up the house. It was so precious to see him putting away our dinner plates and random objects that had been left out. When we asked him where he got the idea from, he told us he just thought of it in his brain. He was so excited to show us what he'd done. He is such a sweet boy. Santa knew that too, and rewarded him handsomely. He loves all of our traditions, and had so much fun on Christmas Eve with all of the festivities. It was so good to get together with family and friends. We love you all!

2 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

So fun! I love your pictures. I especially love the story of Ethan cleaning up. I want my kids to think that up in their brain. :)

Joshua Hobbs said...

That pic of Alex looking at the tree is so cute. Ethan is the perfect age for Christmas to come alive. Fun Fun