Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year's Resolutions/Running!

I know like many of you one of my New Year's Resolutions is to get in shape! I for some reason said that I would run in the Wasatch Back Relay with Joseph. It was a weak moment. Every year Joseph runs this race and has the time of his life. He enjoys it so much more than running a marathon, (which weak moment or not, I'll never agree to do!). So, after he ran the race this last year, I agreed to fill a vacancy on the team. For those of you who aren't familiar with this race, it starts on a Friday in Logan, and ends the next day in Park City, roughly 175 miles. You race in a team of twelve, rotating three times in a 24 hour period. CRAZY! I have been the team volunteer a few years, and it really does look like fun. The teams pick weird names and decorate their vans. Joseph has so many fond memories of this, that I really am excited to be a part of it this year. Our team name is ROUS'S. (From The Princess Bride.) Except is stands for Runners of Unusual Speed, instead of Rodents of Unusual Size. :) So, to start my training, I ran five times last week. Four times I ran 2-2 1/2 miles each and on Saturday I ran 3 miles. It's not very far yet, and my speed leaves something to be desired, but it's a start. Along with my healthy eating changes this last week, I actually lost a little weight. I'm far from my goal, but it's a start, and I'm feeling good. It's always nice to get all of the Christmas treats out of the house! Good luck to all of you with your goals! Week two...let's stick with them!!!

4 comments:

The Ormsby's said...

That's awesome! Good luck. Nathan and me have that silly 1/2 marathon that we signed up for, so remember you're not alone in your training.

Jerry and Sarah said...

Way to go! I am very impressed. I'm excited to join in on the training in a few months - not that I'll be running anything more than a 5K.

Matt and Allyson said...

Good for you Angela! One of these years Matt and I will join you guys...when you and I are not prego or nursing! How 'bout it? Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Ang! I am so proud of you. That is so awesome.. I hate running more than anything, so I have a great respect for your goal! Good luck to you!You'll have to keep me posted!