Thursday, November 6, 2008

Spring Bulbs

Today I did something monumental. Well, for me anyway. I planted tulip bulbs for next spring. I know it sounds a little simple, but literally for the last four or five years I have bought bulbs, and for whatever reason, never got them planted. Two years ago I bought some, and then we decided to move. So I was going to plant them in our unfinished yard of our new home so I had something nice to look at in the spring, but it never got done. Last year I bought some beautiful red tipped tulips, and as October progressed, I became more and more sick because of morning sickness. The bag of Tulips sitting on my porch with good intentions became quite the joke with my family when they came to visit. Nevertheless, no one offered to plant them for me. This year, while we were at Costco the other day, I asked Joseph which flowers he liked best. He told me to pick out whichever one had the nicest picture on the front because that was all we'd probably see of them. Quite the jokester! But, I have proven him wrong! I took advantage of our sunny afternoon and planted 50 Narcissus bulbs. (Not really tulips, they are more like Daffodils.) So hopefully all my efforts will pay off next spring!

2 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

Congratulations. I'm also glad I helped you with your task by talking to you as you did it. I can't wait to see them next spring.

Daisie said...

Great Job! I do think that is a big deal! It makes me feel good to know that you are like me and we always have Fabulous Intentions and then....who knows what happens??!! Hope they turn out beautiful!!