skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Tonsil Time!
We were told by Ethan's pediatrician that Ethan needed his tonsils out. Besides the size of them, (and they were so huge, they almost touched each other!) he was having issues with sleep apnea. He was snoring, tossing and turning, and would even stop breathing in the night. This first picture is of Ethan at Chuck E. Cheese's the night before surgery. He had so much fun playing games, and eating his favorite, cheese pizza.
This is in the office when the nurse did all of the pre-op work.
You've got to love Primary Children's Hospital. This is a family life specialist who came to work with Ethan, and help prepare him for surgery so he wouldn't be scared. She let him play with a blood pressure cuff, and a mask like the one he would have to be sedated. Ethan liked picking out the flavor of the smell for the mask, bubble gum.
What a trooper! This is right after he woke up from surgery. He had a rough time with recovery at the beginning, but he was able to fall back asleep. He slept for a while, and when he awoke, he was doing much better.
This was his choice of transportation to our car. He said he'd never ridden in a wheelchair before. Here we're picking up his prescription at the hospital pharmacy. He slept so much that first day. Thursday, the next day, he hardly ate anything, and I was so worried. He wouldn't even eat popsicles. Friday was a bit on the rough side as well. He woke up and said he didn't feel well. I don't think the Lortab was settling with him very well, and he threw up a couple of times that morning. Once he did, he actually got an appetite, and started eating a little. He did much better with a litttle food in his system. Over all, it was a slightly rough weekend as far as the nighttimes go. He isn't sleeping well, and I think this is due to the fact that his throat hurts so much. But, today is day six, and we're told at most it should take ten days to heal. Hopefully we're on the upswing of things, and we'll have our son back soon. He's a little different in his personality, and in the way he sounds when he talks, but it's cute!!! I'm just so glad this is behind us! We're keeping our fingers crossed that this will eventually help with the 'getting restful sleep at night' issue. Thanks for reading, and in case you're wondering, he's doing much better, and will be running around playing again soon!P.S. Ethan helped with this blog, and picked out all the colors for the wording!
8 comments:
Ethan you are very brave.
What a sweet little boy! I love the thumbs up picture. Can't wait to see him in a couple days!
There is significant anxiety related to having a child go through surgery, but thank heaven's for Primary Children's Hospital. They have the most incredible staff and it is the most plesant hospital environment. I'm glad Ethan is recovering, now. It sounds like that was a bit of an ordeal.
By the way, your Halloween pictures are hilarious! I love the Blue Man Group!
Hey Angela...I am Emily Francis' sister. 4 of my 5 boys have had tonsils removed along with their adenoids..not a fun recovery, but totally worth it. Who did the surgery? Our Dr. was Doctor Hill, and we love him. Good luck with the recovery, you will be so glad that you did it, and he will thank you for it one day! Your little family is so darling!
You are so brave Ethan, and your Mommy is too!! Just a few more days and you'll be good as new.
Angela I hope you guys will all be up and running around soon. I remember having my tonsils out. It's tough. I LOVE those pictures though. Ethan, you are so very brave. Way to go buddy. Hang in there...
What a sweetie! A real trooper for sure! I've been thinking about him, and hope that he gets feeling better soon! When he is up to it, we can get together. And for your sleepless nights, just take some of his lortab..hee, hee. Good luck!
I love you Ethan!
Post a Comment