Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tanner's First Birthday













I really meant to post this forever ago, but I guess better late than never! Tanner turned one on October 25. This year flew by so fast! I can't believe he is my big (but little) one year old! He had his check up the day after his birthday, and he is still not on the charts for his weight. The Dr. isn't worried, but I'm doing everything I can to fatten him up. He is just not a big eater. We had family over for cake and ice-cream the day of his birthday, and he loved all of the attention. He loved opening presents that morning with lots of help from his big brothers. He is such a sweet little guy. My dad fed him ice cream while we ate our cake, and when it was time for him to dive into his cake, he wouldn't touch it. Literally. His toe accidentally got frosting on it, and he held it up in the air and looked at it. I tried to feed him a piece so he would know it was something good to eat, but he just wanted to quickly crawl away. We are so blessed to have this little angel in our family. He is truly adored by all of us. Alex is always watching out for him and panicks when Tanner is not in his sight. He asks about him all day. Tanner is not walking yet, but he "surfs" along the furniture really well. He can take a step toward us, then smiles and lunges forward. He says, "Dada, Mama, and uh oh". One thing I love about him is he likes to observe a lot. He always has a grin on his face. Most of the time he doesn't show his teeth, he just grins. It's so cute. We love Tanner!





2 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

We love him too! Sydney will still say Tanner's name. She loves mothering him. Happy birthday little guy!

Unknown said...

Such a cutie! Your boys are all so adorable!