I'm not sure where September went, but somehow it's gone already. I feel like the older I get, the earlier in the year I get excited for Christmas. ;) So this year when school started, I started getting a little giddy for the holiday season. I am so excited to celebrate Halloween and Tanner's first birthday this month. Another reason why I am weirded out by how fast time goes by. My baby is turning one in less than a month. I haven't blogged for a while because our home computer crashed. Our neighbor is doing his best to get us up and running again, but in the mean time, I am stuck on Joseph's school laptop which has to be plugged in to work. So no access to our pictures for the moment. Here's a brief update on our little family happenings.
Ethan is suddenly seeming so big to us now. He is such a good big brother to Tanner and Alex. He loves school and has caught the "silly band" craze. He loves collecting and trading them with all his friends whenever possible. He is a good boy and tries to do what's right. While we were watching Conference on Sunday, we had this conversation: Ethan, "Mom, is it Sunday today?" Me, "Yes, it's Conference Sunday" Ethan, "And we're just watching TV, and not going to church?" Me, "Yes". Ethan, "Is that okay?" He just makes us smile. Such a sweet boy. He has been playing soccer this fall and is enjoying it. One game, he scored the only goal in the whole game! He was so proud!! And he loved the ice cream cone afterward that was promised!
Alex is our little heart-melting tazmanian devil. And we love him. He just keeps us on our toes at all times. He is a very good brother to Tanner, and just adores him. He just has to learn some boundaries, like he can't ride Tanner like a horse because he's too little. I have said many things to him that I honestly thought I would never say in my lifetime. Such as, "Stop licking the floor, and get back in the tub". And, "Why is my spray bottle filled with sand AGAIN?!?!" And, "Please don't eat the whole tube of tooth paste".
Tanner is our sweet, happy go-lucky boy. He just goes with the flow. He has four teeth, and is working on two more. His top two teeth looked like they were on the verge of coming in for weeks, when one night he fell against a chair and bumped his top gums. That popped both teeth through at once! He is standing up to everything and cruising along furniture. He thinks his brothers are hilarious. He always has a sweet grin on his face. He is still small for his age, but I'm hoping the added butter in his morning oatmeal will help chub him up. He is a good sleeper, so now kids are in bed by 8:00 to 8:30 and sleep in until around 7:00. Sometimes Tanner even sleeps in until 8:30 or 9:00. Heaven! We've had a very sleep deprived year, so this has been a very welcome guest. I've been keeping a daily journal of my own this year, so I didn't really realize how little I've put on our blog. Sorry, I'll try and be better, for those of you who actually read this. Hopefully I'll have pictures to show soon which will mean our computer has been fixed.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sand in your water bottle? I'm happy to say we haven't experienced that one yet! It's too bad we can't have audio recorders on at all times so we can capture the funny things we say to the kids - and what they say to us! (And delete all the bad-mom moments...right?) We're really looking forward to seeing you guys on Sat!!!
I love the little things that the kids do! I can NOT believe that Tanner will be one?! Where did the year go? I'm glad that you guys are doing well! Like you I love the holiday season, it is exciting! Bryson and Bryn were helping me put up decorations today, and Bryson said,"Mom, these are like the cute crafty decorations, when are we going to get like bigger kid stuff that is scary?" I laughed and said for him to quit growing up! Anyhow enjoy your month!
Post a Comment