


Ethan has graduated to the world of full time school, much to my dismay. I've been dreading this life change ever since he was born. "How can I send my little boy away all day to school? Have I taught him enough? Will he find nice friends, and be a nice friend? Will he miss me so much?" Ethan is a kid who rolls with the punches and doesn't really ask questions about new changes and why they happen. He's been really excited about first grade, because that's what you do after Kindergarten. He was delighted at the thought of bringing his lunch to school and had so much fun shopping with me to pick out his food. If you didn't notice the color scheme above, he still is a huge fan of green. He has loved this color literally since he could say the word. He picked out his new green shirt to wear with his new green lunch bag, and green backpack. (which looks enormous on his little body) He had a great first day, and came home with all smiles and lots of fun stories about the kids in his class, and his very nice teacher. I was so worried about him the night before, and all day while he was gone. I worried that he might not find his new class or miss the bus after school, but all went very smoothly. He's an old pro at this school thing. I wish I were. I'm only grateful that I don't have to start this with another child for three more years!
3 comments:
He is getting so big! I love the green color scheme! Too cute! Enjoy your day with two little munchkins!
So fun! He is such a big boy! I totally remember 1st grade, and I thought I was so big then. I'm so glad he's liking school.
Oh... This post tugged at my heart strings a bit. I can't believe he is already in 1st grade. He looks so handsome in his green ensamble! You are seriously the cutest mom in the world...
Post a Comment