Monday, August 23, 2010

Dream Vacation!

The Road to Hana. Such a gorgeous drive through the rainforest, with amazing waterfalls!



Eating the self proclaimed best banana bread on the planet...it lived up to its name!

Standing out on a lava rock peninsula.

The Iao Needle
The Infinity Pool at our resort...my happy place!

All dressed up for dinner!

This is the Nakelele Blowhole. It looks like Old Faithful when it goes off, every 15 seconds or so.

The sea cliffs at Molokai...from our helicopter tour. Seriously breathtaking~


Sunset at one of the restaurants we went to.

Big Beach, with Black Rock in the background. I love the simple names.

Sarah, this picture is for you! ;)

Sunrise at the top of Haleakala Crater. I forgot to bring a jacket, and it was freezing up there! (hence the new sweatshirt!)

This was well worth waking up at 2:30 in the morning for. This was the highlight of my trip. Those are the tops of mountains, and clouds you can see. Breathtaking.

Our Luau Feast...so yummy!

This year marked our ten year Anniversary. Joseph surprised me last Christmas with this dream vacation. We went to the island of Maui for a whole week. It was a little slice of heaven here on earth. We got a great deal on our resort, so we stayed at the Marriott Resort on Wailea Beach, which was the nicest place I've ever stayed in. We were able to go snorkeling several times and even see giant sea turtles. We went on a helicopter tour to see Maui and Molokai. My favorite adventure was going to the top of Haleakala to watch the sunrise. Words cannot describe how majestic this was. We enjoyed a Luau, and ate at some wonderful restaurants with delicious fresh fish, (and I am NOT usually a fish person!). I can't believe it's been ten years since I married my sweetheart. Time truly does fly when you're having fun. Joseph is my best friend, and I am so lucky to be able to enjoy life side by side with him.

6 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

Ahh, too much fun! Those pictures are just beautiful. I'm so glad you guys were able to go and have a wonderful week. P.S. I love my picture. It's great!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Good for you guys! when I read about the helicopter ride, that reminds me of dates on the bachelor show. You lucky guys! You deserve it! Neat pictures!

Sher said...

Wow, thos pics are amazing - what an incredible trip! Congrats on 10 years! Now if we can just get you out here before your next anniversary...

Chrissy said...

So much fun! You guys are such a fun and beautiful couple!

Ashlee Reeder said...

I am SO jealous! You are some pretty hot hawaiians!

P.S. I have already worn my necklace fifty times and have received a compliment every time.

AND we LOVE the chocolates you gave us. We are rationing them big time. So don't be surprised if they are still around a year from now. :)

Daisie said...

What a fun way to celebrate!! It truly looks like a dream trip! So glad you guys got to go!