Monday, June 28, 2010

Ragnar Relay


Finally! I have wanted to run this race for six years now, and have not been able to! Joseph always has such a blast doing it, that I wanted to experience it for myself. This was my time, finally! Our van had all Roylances in it...Joseph, myself, Joseph's two sisters: Esther and Sarah, his brother Mark, and his cousin Spencer. (yes, he's single, ladies!)



My first leg of the race was my hardest. It was only 3.1 miles, but it climbed 856 feet up a mountain. I was really proud of myself for doing this run, and I actually passed a couple of people on my way to the top! Joseph did an amazing job on his legs, he had some severe uphill and downhill runs, and he killed them!!!



My second run was 6.4 miles, and it was at 2 am. This is a picture of my last run, 5 miles. It was so physically tiring to do this run after only 2 hours of sleep, and running twice before!




I was the last runner on our team, so I got to bring us all across the finish line! It was an amazing experience that I hope to do again next year. I loved our "party van", and the party animals on our team. We were Team R.O.U.S. , for you Princess Bride fans, instead of Rodents of Unusual size, we were Runners of Unusual Speed! We had such a great time! I highly recommend this run to anyone, because if I can do it, anyone can! ;-)

4 comments:

John and Sara Roylance said...

Angela! That looks like it was so much fun!! You look great and congrats on finally being able to do it!! :)

Chrissy said...

Way to go! You are so awesome!!! Count me in next year!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Way to go! I can't believe you guys! Amazing! Where do you find the time to do this crazy stuff! I guess if I got up off the couch every now and then I could run... who knows! But really Congrats, that is really neat!

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had a FANTASTIC time! I'm so proud of all of your efforts. I'm sure all that training wasn't easy to do with three kiddos. Great job!!!