Sunday, September 13, 2009

Football Fever

Every year right around the beginning of September, Joseph gets a little twinkle in his eye and a new spring in his step. He'll stand outside and smell the air and say something like, "Can you smell it? It smells like football season". He is like a little kid when it comes to sports. In particular, football and basketball. I consider myself a football fan, and a good wife, because I can enjoy a football game with Joseph. However, this last weekend I think Ethan and I became a little overloaded with the sport. Joseph was in rare form with his excitement about all of the games on each day. Thanks to our DVR, he was able to watch a game and record two others at the same time. On Saturday, he had all three of our TV's set to football which he was watching in intervals, and when we went for a drive that evening, the radio was set to sports talk. I hadn't said anything until I heard the announcer say, "only an hour and half left to kick-off". I thought he was listening to a game on the radio, but he just wanted to get caught up on what everyone was saying and thinking about all of the games that had been played already. I laughed and said, "OK, no more!". Ethan even made the comment tonight, "Daddy, how come you watch football everyday, everyday, everyay?" In most cases I think a person can have too much of a good thing, but in Joseph's case, I don't know that he ever will with his love of football!

3 comments:

Hess Fam said...

I hear ya sister! we've got the same situation going on at our house!

Jerry and Sarah said...

That is so funny. I have to admit, I can smell the football season in the air, and I'm not even a huge football fan. The football season made Jerry break down and get cable last week. He says we'll cut it as soon as football is over. But we'll see - then basketball starts.

Becki said...

Dan gets that twinkle too!