Monday, September 22, 2008

Still standing!

WOW! He looks great after 26.2 miles!

Ethan loved running in with Daddy...
He actually started running faster than Joseph,
and had to slow down!

Joseph's friend, Matt Croshaw ran the marathon
along with another high school friend, John Huber.

Joseph has assured me this is his last marathon. I'm going to hold him to this. I feel like I have not seen Joseph lately with three MBA classes right now, and with him trying to train. To say the least, I'm glad this race is over, and I'm so proud of Joseph. He is so goal oriented. As one of his sisters put it, "he has the heart of a lion". He accomplishes everything he puts his mind to. He had a great time with his friends running the race, and hanging our this weekend. Congrats to anyone who completed the Top of Utah Marathon on Saturday, my hat's off to you!!

7 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

Way to go Joseph. I'm very proud of you. I am proud of myself when I complete a 5K, I can't imagine over 26 miles. That's great!

The Neumann Clan said...

So, I guess that means no more St. George marathons. Ben is running it again this year. It is always nice when the race is over!

Christina said...

AWESOME!!!!! Joe, I'm so proud of you and that's unbelievable to do that while working full-time and school! I'm sure you're wife is relieved it's over! :) Eric wishes he could've been there, but you know, vacay was calling our name! Did John finish it too?

Daisie said...

Hi! It's Daisie (Gunnell) Hunsaker! I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog yet, but I am loving seeing the updates on your cute family!! And I just had to tell Joe Congrats on the marathon! That is so so so awesome! Your boys are adorable!! We have a blog too if you want to check it out and I swear I am going to get better at updating!! jakeanddaisie.blogspot

Parkside View said...

Not only still standing, but smiling too! I'm very impressed.

I have to say the picture of your two boys on the sidebar is phenominal. What a great looking pair!

Becki said...

Congrats Joe! I know how hard that is, but it feels so good to finish! Wow, you guys have a lot going on lately. Your boys are so cute, I can't believe how big Ethan is.

Liz Adams said...

Kudos to you for taking on a marathon. Geez.... I don't last running for more than five minutes. How fun that you, Matt and Huber did that together. I'm almost sad I wasn't invited and then I realized...I hate running :)