This last week all of the Roylance sisters and in-laws had a girls' get together in Seattle. We all stayed in Joseph's sister Esther's new home. Life always gets a little crazy when all twelve of us (ten siblings, Mom, and oldest niece) are set free of our regular responsibilities to kick off our shoes and have a great weekend. We flew in to Seattle Wednesday night, and spent most of Thursday in downtown Seattle. I brought Alex along for his first big vacation, and he was such a trooper! He wasn't too fond of the airplane ride at first, but he has a quiet cry, and we all survived! Friday Esther told us to get our exercise clothes on for an "aerobics" class that her friend taught. We were all very curious, until we arrived at her friends' home and found a pole in the middle of her downstairs family room! Yes, we learned how to pole dance! (Don't be too alarmed, the lady is LDS, and it was a pretty clean version!) Even my 68 year old mother-in-law found herself upside down on the pole doing some of the more difficult moves! This family never ceases to amaze me! Friday evening, we got all dolled up, and had a fancy dinner. It's always nice to have an excuse to get a new dress and feel pretty for an evening. Saturday, we went boating in the morning, and had a Rock Band party until late that night. In stark contrast to how we looked the night before, we were a pretty crazy looking group of rockers! We had so much fun, and Esther is such a wonderful hostess! Now back to our normal lives to gear up for our next party that hopefully won't be too far away!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Roylance Girls Gone Wild!....Sort of....
This last week all of the Roylance sisters and in-laws had a girls' get together in Seattle. We all stayed in Joseph's sister Esther's new home. Life always gets a little crazy when all twelve of us (ten siblings, Mom, and oldest niece) are set free of our regular responsibilities to kick off our shoes and have a great weekend. We flew in to Seattle Wednesday night, and spent most of Thursday in downtown Seattle. I brought Alex along for his first big vacation, and he was such a trooper! He wasn't too fond of the airplane ride at first, but he has a quiet cry, and we all survived! Friday Esther told us to get our exercise clothes on for an "aerobics" class that her friend taught. We were all very curious, until we arrived at her friends' home and found a pole in the middle of her downstairs family room! Yes, we learned how to pole dance! (Don't be too alarmed, the lady is LDS, and it was a pretty clean version!) Even my 68 year old mother-in-law found herself upside down on the pole doing some of the more difficult moves! This family never ceases to amaze me! Friday evening, we got all dolled up, and had a fancy dinner. It's always nice to have an excuse to get a new dress and feel pretty for an evening. Saturday, we went boating in the morning, and had a Rock Band party until late that night. In stark contrast to how we looked the night before, we were a pretty crazy looking group of rockers! We had so much fun, and Esther is such a wonderful hostess! Now back to our normal lives to gear up for our next party that hopefully won't be too far away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
The rock in roll picture is the most hylarious thing I have seen in awhile. What a crazy and fun family.
Oh Angela - this is so fun!! We had alot of fun huh?
I miss everyone so much already! I wish we lived closer to everyone!
Check out our blog if you get a chance... it hasn't been updated but you can still see!
-Sara
SO MUCH FUN! I need to get my pictures downloaded. I'm sad it's over. I love your pictures from up above. I can't wait to get all the pictures from everyone.
That is classic, what a great idea! And I love the pole dance idea, so funny! I would die if I did that with my mom or in-law! I think I would be busting up too much!
Angela,
I thought I'd say hello since we keep tabs on you guys vicariously through Rachel von Niederhausern. When I saw a link to your blog on hers, I had to see pictures of how you are doing. Congratulations on little Alex, and say hello to Joe for Andy and me.
That's hilarious - what a fun, crazy family!!
Hey guys! It's so goo to see how you are doing! Alex is adorable! I'm so happy for you guys. We'll definitely keep an eye on how you are doing. :)
I just showed Matt this post and he died laughing. He said I can not see Angela doing that!!! So funny, and looks so fun!!! You'll have to teach me a thing or two!!
Post a Comment