Friday, April 17, 2009

Funny Ethan

Ethan has said some really funny things this last week. On Sunday, we went to Joseph's brother's house to visit for Easter. On our way home, Ethan told us his cousin informed them there are real ghosts, and he thought he saw one. I guess our nephew was taking a bath one day and his pile of clothes suddenly tipped over all by themselves! That means a ghost came in and pushed them over. I proceeded to tell Ethan there are no such things as ghosts. Ethan said they have to be real because that is what Matt said. I told him I am older and I know a little more than he does and I promise there are no ghosts. Ethan replied, " Well, there's one ghost I know for sure". I asked, "oh really? Which one?" Ethan said, "The Holy Ghost". Wow, my four year old really got me there.

One day I had asked Ethan to put his socks and shoes on at least thirty times. He gets a little side-tracked and forgets what he's doing. I started to lose my patience, and we were running out of time, so I pulled out my threatening Mom voice and said, "Ethan, if I were you, I would go put my socks and shoes on right now". Ethan thought for a second and said, "Okay. I'll pretend I'm you."

4 comments:

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Ethan cracks me up! I love the last one, you be me. It reminds me of What about Bob movie when the Dad wants some Peace and Quiet, the son says I'll be quiet, and Bob says I'll be peace. Anyhow too funny! It is time to get together again!

Ashlee Reeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlee said...

Haha! I love these stories!! He is so adorable...Sometimes I think his intelligence far surpasses my own, :D. He understands just as well as we negotiates. keep the Stories coming!

Heather K said...

You have such cute boys! Caleb would love to play with Ethan sometime soon. Maybe next week?